Please take a moment to read the content guidelines before writing and submitting your story.
We focus on good news.
- Content should be positive with no negative connotations. The ethos of the magazine is to be informative, inspiring, and educational; all content should try to do all three.
- British English with good grammar, spell checked and proofread prior to submitting for publication.
- Original Content – Your content should be Copyscape safe (meaning it should not be copied from any other sources). You may include quotes and references, but you should also mention your sources where possible.
- Content should include at least one image or video, including captions and sources where possible.
- All images and content should be copyright free. If you are struggling to find images: try using Creative Commons (https://search.creativecommons.org/) to find copyright-free images – Always include a reference and/or link to source content if required by the copyright owner.
- Links – you may include 1-3 links in your articles, they must be from reliable sources and not include any violence, pornography, or gambling sites. Linked pages should be in line with the magazine’s ethos of positivity or have a good relevance with the article you wish to publish.
Our content policies play an important role in ensuring a positive experience for both our users and publishing partners.
Please join us in this effort by respecting these guidelines.
We may make exceptions to these policies based on artistic, educational, historical, documentary, or scientific considerations, or where there are other substantial benefits to the public.
In general, news sites should feature content that’s clear and free of grammatical errors.
Be accountable and transparent
Content should feature transparent information about the author, clearly accessible contact information and posts with datelines and bylines.
Advertising and other paid promotional material on your pages should not exceed your content.
Personal and confidential information
We do not allow the sharing of a private person’s confidential and personally identifiable information (e.g. medical records or financial information).
We do not allow content that infringes anyone’s intellectual property rights and will respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. Repeated infringement of intellectual property rights, including copyright, will result in user termination.
Sexually explicit content
We do not allow content that features explicit sexual imagery primarily intended to cause sexual arousal.
Graphic violent content
We do not allow content that incites or glorifies violence. We also do not allow extremely graphic or violent materials for the sake of disgusting others.
We do not allow content that promotes violence or harassment against an individual or group based on ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Dangerous and illegal activities
We do not allow content that promotes or facilitates dangerous activities or illegal activities, including self-harm, such as self-mutilation, eating disorders, or drug abuse. We also do not allow content used to threaten or organize violence or support violent organizations.
We do not allow content that conceals or misrepresents sponsored content as independent, editorial content.
Harassment and cyberbullying
We do not allow content that sends messages intended to harass, bully or is physically or sexually threaten others.
We do not allow sites or accounts that impersonate any person or organization, or that misrepresent or conceal their ownership or primary purpose. We do not allow sites or accounts that engage in coordinated activity to mislead users. This includes, but isn’t limited to, sites or accounts that misrepresent or conceal their country of origin or that direct content at users in another country under false premises.
Spam and malware
We do not allow excessive repetitive content, misspellings, or gimmicky character use. We also do not allow links to malware, viruses, or other harmful software.
Please only submit 100% unique content.
Find out more about how your submitted content is used by Firefly Magazines on the FAQ page.